Saturday, August 4, 2012

Color Scheme -

I've painted a couple of Empire armies in the past.  Altdorf was my first, back in 6th edition, and the red came out really flat.  Next was the Talabheim red/white that was so popular in 7th.  For this army, I might fall back on at least one of the colors being blue.  It's easy to do and pops.  I can do creamy white well too, but that would leave me with Middenheim colors, which don't really leap off the table.  My other option is Nordland, as I like the blue/yellow combo, but I haven't quite mastered yellow yet.  Well, guess this is my chance.

I've started with a vermin brown basecoat, then golden yellow, then bright yellow next.  Looked OK, but the golden yellow came out looking dirty.  Maybe a few more coats of golden?  Or a drybrush of white over the vermin to help smooth out the golden.  Think I'll try that.



Looking back at the cover of the 6th edition box, I see a cool Nordland-like scheme.  Yellow with blue slashes.  Some of the pants are a khaki-color as well.  Very different than the quartered look most Empire armies use - hmmmm.  I could do a unit like the swordsmen on the left too - blue with yellow slashes.  One of the Duelist models is painted this way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment