Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Work on the Swan


Lots of progress and changes.  I hit the yellow feathers with a bunch of coats of Golden Yellow using a fine brush - it came out far better than my last attempts so I'm pleased with the results.  The pics don't show it very well, but there's  a nice contrast to the Vermin Brown and it doesn't look dirty.  I'm hoping I can repeat this performance with the red and I've given them a light Badab Black wash to start.

The chestplate and seat got a first coat of Shining Gold and then a wash with Devlan Mud.  I decided that the Captain's blue armor looked a little too matchy-matchy so I repainted it to Boltgun metal.  I'll highlight it up to Mithril to make it look all fancy.  I like the contrast better and it adds more color to the model.  It also makes deciding on the sleeves a lot easier. I painted the slashed up to Golden Yellow and gave the rest a basecoat of Regal Blue.



I revisited the feathers on the Swan.  I think I went too heavy on the bone/white before and they lacked a bit of depth.  I hit the shaded parts again with a very light Devlan Mud and think it turned out good.  More of a contrast, especially on the under-wing.



He's trucking along!

No comments:

Post a Comment