Monday, August 6, 2012

Templar Grandmaster on Foot

Long have I admired Rafal Maj and his work over on Bloody Beast, his Warhammer blog.  Especially his Elector Count conversion.  Striking and imposing, I was inspired to create my own - imagining him a stalwart Grand Master of the Knights Panther leading a unit of dismounted nobles, a lion's cape draped over his shoulders.


The conversion is simple enough - Chaos Warrior body, Empire Knight head, and a plastic Runefang where Rafal kept the original Warrior's sword.  I chose the warrior body with the claw and the skull on the kneecap.  What's Empire without a few skulls?


Hmmm.  Now for the shield.  Need something worthy of this stallion and big enough to cover the chaosy arrows on his breastplate.  After checking around, I found that Scibor makes some pretty awesome shields.  This one is just stuck in place for the picture and I'll need to sculpt an arm to go along.


Hellz yeah.  Like I mentioned, I plan on painting the cloak like a lions pelt: brown mane and desert yellow skin.  I could do the armor in a blue lacquer and the headdress like Rafal's.  The shield, I'm thinking, could be cool in a blue field with a gold lion - or even a gold field with blue lion.  Hmmmmm.  I may liquid greenstuff the chainmail in to make it into cloth - another opportunity to add color and tie the look together.

He really towers over the standard Empire troops and there's no mistaking that he's a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment